Quotes, sayings, thoughts and Ideas
The "Unsustainability" of our lifestyles is scientifically proven, yet we remain oblivious!
The next time someone needs you ... just be there..
WE ARE NOT HUMAN BEINGS GOING THROUGH A
TEMPORARY SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCE.
ARE SPIRITUAL BEINGS GOING THROUGH A TEMPORARY HUMAN EXPERIENCE.
was late August and I was renting my land out at the time… Farmer Jake was rolling through the driveway on a tractor
and stopped to say hello… I asked him if he had his haying done…
said “Carl , we never get done… We just quit when we get tired of it”…
There is plenty of time for sleeping,,,,,,after you die.........
Ken Schunke, 2 tours of duty in Iraq and currently a Drill Instructor in the US Army...
My position is "nobody wants to ride an ugly horse, yet a pretty horse that can't
ride is no good either" Darrel Honnold, breeder, trainer, Sensei...
The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most
of everything that comes along their way. The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past; you can't go forward
in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches.
It is said that he is endowed with self-knowledge and self-effacing dignity. "I'm a man of many failings" and "I make
no bones about it". That is why I am such a believer in redemption. I've done many things wrong in my life. The key is to
try to improve!!!!
John McCain in an interview with Newsweek magazine 2-11-2008
Who among us does not move through life with the hidden sense, maybe even quiet desperation, that we are destined for
more? That underneath our ordinary exterior lays an extraordinary soul? That given the right opportunity, the right stage,
the right audience, we would shine as the stars we truly are?
"Life should NOT be a
journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, chocolate in one hand, glass of wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO
HOO what a ride!"
40 Tips for Better Life - 2010
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
3. Buy a DVR and tape your late night shows and get
When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, 'My purpose is to __________ today.'
5. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm, and
Play more games and read more books than you did in 2009.
7. Make time to practice meditation, and prayer. They provide us with
daily fuel for our busy lives.
8. Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants
and eat less food that is
manufactured in plants.
11. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan
salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
12. Try to make at least three people smile each
Clear clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new and
flowing energy into your life.
14. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, OR issues of the past,
negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead
invest your energy
the positive present moment.
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are
simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra
but the lessons
you learn will last a lifetime.
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a
college kid with a maxed out charge card.
17. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the NEGATIVE
18. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else
You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
23. Don't compare your life to others'. You have
no idea what their journey
is all about.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
25. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years,
26. Forgive everyone for everything.
27. What other people think of you is none of your
REMEMBER GOD heals everything.
29. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
30. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will.
Stay in touch.
31. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful
or joyful. [This does
NOT include children or spouses! I don't want to read about you on the
evening news! ~ H.]
32. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
33. The best is yet to come.
34. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and
Do the right thing!
36. Call your family often. (Or email them to death!)
37. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements:
__________. Today I accomplished _________.
38. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
39. Enjoy the ride. Remember this is not Disney World
and you certainly
want a fast pass. You only have one ride through life so make the
most of it and enjoy the ride.
40. May your troubles be less, May your blessings be more, May nothing but happiness come through your door!
fences need to be horse-high, pig-tight and bull-strong.
Keep skunks and bankers at a distance.
is simpler when you plow around the stump.
A bumble bee is considerably faster than a John Deere tractor.
that soak into your ears are whispered...not yelled.
Meanness don't jes' happen overnight.
your enemies; it messes up their heads.
Do not corner something that you know is meaner than you.
don't take a very big person to carry a grudge.
You cannot unsay a cruel word.
Every path has a
When you wallow with pigs, expect to get dirty.
The best sermons are lived, not preached.
of the stuff people worry about ain't never gonna happen anyway.
Don't judge folks by their relatives.
that silence is sometimes the best answer.
Live a good, honorable life.. Then when you get older and think back,
you'll enjoy it a second time.
Don't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none.
has a lot to do with the outcome of a Rain dance.
If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop
Sometimes you get, and sometimes you get got.
The biggest troublemaker you'll probably
ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every mornin'.
Always drink upstream from the herd.
judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.
Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a
whole lot easier than puttin' it back in.
If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin'
somebody else's dog around..
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply.
Speak kindly. Leave the rest
Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight,
he'll just kill you.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid now and then...
Just don't abuse the privilege... Ha ha